It is always difficult to recruit for the public sector, this is often because pay is lower, hours are long and there’s very few perks. While a pension is often touted as the best thing about a public sector role, who can stick it out in the job for that long to enjoy a decent pension!
Today the Independent uncovered a news story that a private company funded by the taxpayer to carry out Covid19 testing spent millions of pounds on free snacks and meals for their workers, this is during a time when some of our hardest working NHS staff have still had to pay for their own lunches.
So what are your thoughts, should a reglar lunch come with a public sector job?
- More would take on public sector jobs if there were perks like lunches
- Our public sector staff work hard and often skip lunch due to their roles
- It could open up big contracting opportunities for local providers
- It could help keep us all healthier as public sector staff can lead the way on healthy eating options
- Taxes are already high, they’d be higher with a free lunch
- Public sector workers generally recieve some sort of pay rise each year while many private staff do not
- It could kill the high street once and for all as so many who work in public sector jobs work in our town centres
- It is nanny stating some of the most comfortable workers in society
Let us hear your thoughts, would you take up a desk job, nursing role or bin round if you knew you’d get a daily lunch on the job? Or is it another big fat way to waste tax payer moolah?